This blog is a companion to my YouTube channel fortheloveofwisdom. Its content will focus around freethought, philosophy, and critical thinking.
Its name derives from the Greek roots of the word philosophy, which are philos (meaning love) and sophia (meaning wisdom). A philosopher is one who loves wisdom enough to seek after it, as opposed to a sophist, who simply professes to have wisdom.
- Was Your Brain Intelligently Designed?
- Black Christians are not Uncle Toms
- The Impossibility of Omniscience
- How can we trust our senses and thoughts?
- Morality or Meaning Without God?
- Solutions to Proofs with the Rules of Inference
- Proofs with the Rules of Inference
- Material Equivalence and the Rules of Replacement
- Is There Real Proof That God Exists?
- The Seven Deadly Sins
- The Formula of Religion
- Linguistic Creationism in the Tower of Babel
- Should Women Wear Hijabs?
- The Algorithm of Natural Selection
- 15 Questions for Evolutionists – Answered
- A Secular Case Against Gay Marriage?
- Are Religious People Happier?
- Questions that May Never be Answered, Answers that May Never be Questioned
- Is Rebecca Bynum Right? Should Muslims be Denied Freedom of Religion?
- Are Liberals or Conservatives Happier?
- Rebecca Bynum’s Misinformed Atheism Bashing
- The New Atheism is not so New
- The Forbidden Fruit May Have Been a Mushroom
- Rebecca Bynum’s Progressive Diminishment of Man
- The Positive Side of Desire
- Improving the Ten Commandments
- The Value of a Religious Education
- C. S. Lewis: The Catalyst of my Deconversion
- The Cult of Unitarian Universalism
- Consciousness and Evil
- Read my Dissertation on your Kobo, Kindle, or Nook
- Cataloging my Books on LibraryThing
- The Importance of Critical Thinking in Religion
- Conjunctions & Disjunctions
- Good Arguments
- Darwin’s Dangerous Idea
- Welcome to My New Blog
Monthly Archives: January 2012
This is a satirical video. For those too unfamiliar with Unitarian Universalism to realize this, I’ll explain below. Cults normally have active recruiting, cult leaders, control over the members, dogmas, discouragement of critical thinking, and an us vs. them mentality. … Continue reading
I’m currently reading The Fourth Way by P. D. Ouspensky. Actually, I’m rereading the first chapter, since I just bought the ebook for greater convenience in reading. My physical copy is a stiff paperback that will not stay open on … Continue reading
I wrote my Ph.D. dissertation on what makes someone evil. I have previously made my dissertation available as a PDF that could be printed. It is now also available in PDF files designed specifically to be read on an ereader. … Continue reading